At General Propeller we have a passionate and dedicated repair team with over 80 years combined experience committed to exceeding our customer’s expectations. With the latest technology and equipment available we take pride in our ability to recondition, rebuild, or modify your propellers to meet and exceed the performance expectations of your vessel. We have the largest dealer network in the state of Florida and perform repair work for customers across all of North America. Below is a list of some of the services performed in our Recon Shop
• Aluminum and Stainless Steel Outboard Propeller Welding and reconditioning
• Bronze and Nibral Inboard Propeller Welding and Reconditioning
• Propeller Hub replacement
• Static or Dynamic Balancing
• Pitch changes, cupping, and performance tuning
• Polishing and Satin or Sand Blast finishing
• Repair and rebuild of Lower unit Skegs
Prop Scan sets the new standard for precision propeller repair. With the accuracy and complex geometry of today’s high-end propellers combined with the constant improvement of vessel performance, Prop Scan has become necessary to tune and repair your propeller. This advanced computer and measuring system allows us to repair your propeller with precise accuracy (up to ISO Class S tolerance) which will optimize the performance of your marine propeller. Prop scan also allows the technician to store your readings to utilize in future repairs or modifications. Our Team of Prop Scan and Recon Shop Technicians are an experienced group who take pride in their workmanship. They consistently go above and beyond to make sure your propeller is repaired accurately to optimize performance, reduce vibration and increase fuel efficiency. Below is a list of some of the services provided in prop scan
• Bronze and Nibral Inboard Propeller tuning and reconditioning (up to ISO Class S)
• Inboard Propeller pitch changes, cupping, blade camber and profile adjustments
• Welding repairs of cracks and damaged blades.
• IPS Drive and Zeus Drive Propeller tuning and reconditioning
General Propeller offers dynamic balancing using a Dynamics Research Multi-plane balancer. This allows us to fine tune the balance to a greater degree of accuracy than a standard static balance.An unbalanced propeller can be a major cause of vibration and can have a detrimental affect on your drive system. The dynamic balancer allows us to spin the propeller at high speed and determine the correction necessary to achieve a smoother running propeller. A report is provided documenting the balance achieved.