Your shopping cart is empty!
Flexible shaft couplings, Fail safe design, Reduce engine noise & vibration, Quick & easy installation, Great for sail boats and power boats
Please call or contact us for other available models.
Toll Free: 800-313-6025 or Contact Us
R & D Flexible Shaft Coupling Catalog
How to Select (details required)
1. Engine horse power and engine speed
2. Gearbox type and reduction ratio
3. Gearbox flange details. Diameter of flange. Diameter of register. Bolt circle diameter of bolt holes. Size and quantity of holes. (Bolt circle diameter is the distance between one bolt hole center at the 12 o’clock position to the center of the hole at 6 o’clock position)
1. Ford 150 HP at 2500 RPM
2. Borg Warner Velvet Drive 72C 2:1 Reduction
3. 5” Flange, 2.500 diameter Register, 4.250 BCD, 4 off holes 0.437" diameter
To calculate power of coupling required: Horse Power of Engine/2500 x Reduction Ratio x 100 = HP/100rpm Engine Speed
150/2500 x 2 x 100 = 12 HP/100rpm
Coupling required 910-009 Borg Warner
Flexible Coupling Information
The R&D 910 Series couplings consist of a contoured flexible disc moulded in tough yet resilient new type of Polyester Elastomer. The contoured disc gives clearance for bolt heads, and is able to flex freely to take up any temporary misalignment of the engine and shaft, due to flexing of the boat structure or the engine moving on its rubber vibration isolation mountings. Forward thrust is taken in compression on the disc between the two half couplings and reverse thrust is taken again in compression on the disc between the two fail safe straps. In the unlikely event of a disc failure, the steel straps make the coupling fail safe and ensure drive is maintained both forward and reverse.
Couplings as standard are non-conducting but we can supply a silver impregnated rubber element to fit in the center of the coupling between the two fail safe straps to give continuity if required.