Your shopping cart is empty!
C Clamp Propeller Pullers
228S - Used for 3 Blade and 4 Blade propellers with bores from 1" to 1-1/8". Max opening of C is 4.50"
330S - Used for 3 Blade and 4 Blade propellers with 1-1/4" bore. Max opening of C is 5.25"
ACME MARINE GROUP PROP PULLER INSTRUCTIONS
(For the traditional style puller – Part #s 228S and 330S)
1. Remove the cotter pin. Loosen the prop nut two turns (do not remove the nut).
You want approximately 2 full threads of space between the nut and the prop hub.
2. Back out the prop puller bolt to allow for installation of the puller. The puller “fingers” slide between the forward end of the prop hub and aft of the strut (barrel portion). The puller bolt cap is positioned over the end of the shaft aft of the prop.
3. Advance the puller bolt clockwise (tighten) with a wrench. Do not over-tighten. The purpose of tightening is not to break the prop free, but to apply ample pressure on the end of the shaft and the forward end of the prop hub to transfer the shock, during impact, with a hammer. DO NOT USE AN IMPACT WRENCH.
4. Once the puller is firmly in place and the puller bolt is tightened down, hit the puller on the end opposite the bolt, with a hammer (it is also possible to hit the head of the puller bolt, hitting it on the finger end is preferred, to avoid causing damage to the bolt, cap, or bolt threads). It may be necessary to repeat steps 3 & 4. The hammer impact and harmonics should be enough to break the prop free from the shaft taper. Once free, remove the nut, prop, and key (if app).
5. When reinstalling the propeller, a very light film of grease or anti-seize on the shaft / bore taper is acceptable, but do not over-apply. Also, do not over-tighten the prop nut. Approximately 35 foot-pounds is sufficient.